The BCA is dedicated to a safer Blairgowrie.
In An Emergency:
The Committee urges all residents to:
- Take all steps necessary to secure you property
- Be AWARE of your surroundings when you leave and return home
- Follow security protocols in an emergency
- Take responsibility for reporting any suspicious activity. To 10111 and you security company.
- NOT TO POST pictures or videos of suspects or suspicious behaviour. Show the evidence to SAPS. A court of law is dutybound to dismiss any case against a would-be perpetrator if evidence has been circulated to the detriment of the case e.g. Police line-ups are compromised.
The BCA has a close relationship with the Linden Community Policing Forum (CPF).
A CPF is essentially a body that bridges the divide and forges good relationships between the South African Police Services (SAPS) and the community.
The Linden SAPS is divided into 4 Sectors. Blairgowrie falls part of Sector 1 (along with 5 other surrounding suburbs). W/O Kotze is our Sector 1 Commander (TBC).
Each Sector has its own CPF Sub-forum where residents, SAPS and security companies involved in that specific sector meet to discuss items such as combined crime fighting efforts and special ops.